Since the weather is starting to warm up, it’s time to set the goals for 2012. So… here they are:
- Break 90 – I might as well start with this, since getting the lowest score is the general goal of golf. Who knows if I’ll complete this goal in 2012… maybe I’ll get lucky and play a really good round.
- Score an average of 100 – Like clockwork, this number has been going down over the years (115 in 2009, 110 in 2010, and 105 in 2011). I met the goal last season, so let’s see if I can get it down to 100.
- Play 20 rounds of golf on 15 new courses – Once again, I’m carrying over this goal from last year. If things go like they have the last two years, I should be able to meet this goal fairly easily.
- Birdie a par 5 – Carrying this goal over from 2011. It’s going to happen soon.
- Two birdies in one round – Also carrying this goal over from 2011.
- Eagle – Par 4… par 5… doesn’t matter. Just make an eagle.
- Five pars in one round – I’m upping this goal from last year… just to see if it happens.
For technical goals:
- Lower handicap to 23 or less – In 2009 my handicap was 36.4, in 2010 it was 33.4, and in 2011 it was 27.7. I’m trying to follow a pattern. Let’s see if it happens.
- Raise fairway hit percentage to 42% – Right now, it’s at 38.8%.
- Raise green-in-regulation percentage to 11% – Right now, it’s at 9.4%.
- Lower average putts to 1.9 – Right now, it’s at 2.05.
Let the season begin!